Proton VPN is a virtual private network (VPN) that gives users secure and private access to the Internet. It was developed by the creators of ProtonMail, a popular encrypted email service. Proton VPN offers advanced security features such as strong encryption, a no-logging policy and a kill switch that automatically disconnects the user from the Internet if the VPN connection is lost. In addition, Proton VPN has a large network of servers in different countries, allowing users to access content with geographical restrictions and bypass censorship. Proton VPN is available on several platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. Overall, Proton VPN is a great choice for those looking for a reliable and secure VPN service.
Proton VPN features.
- Provides a secure connection to the internet through an encrypted tunnel
- Hides the user's real IP address
- Choice of server from over 1000 available in 54 countries
- Protection from unwanted ads and malware
- OpenVPN, IKEv2 and L2TP/IPSec support
- High level of security and data protection.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Fast speed
- No restrictions on traffic usage
- Optimized for use on mobile devices
- Access to full functionality is only available if you pay for a subscription
- Not always able to connect to the server the first time
- Sometimes there are connection problems when using on public Wi-Fi networks
How Proton VPN works
Proton VPN creates a secure tunnel between the user's device and the selected server. All Internet traffic passes through this tunnel, which provides a high level of security and protection of data from unwanted prying eyes. Various protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2 and L2TP/IPSec are used to create a secure connection.
Areas of use
- Protection of personal data and confidential information on the Internet
- Bypassing Internet blocking and censorship
- Secure usage of public Wi-Fi networks
- Access to blocked sites and services