Pokemon Go is a multiplayer online game for Android devices that contains augmented reality elements. Players capture and train Pokémon, and then can battle with other players.
Pokemon Go game features
After downloading and installing, the user launches the app and the device's camera, after which the screen will display what's going on around them, and the game will insert pokémon there. If two people are nearby, they will see the same Pokemon, but only one of the players can catch it. You can also play without a camera, and the player's avatar and the map with the objects on it will be displayed on the screen. Catching a pokémon gives the player some special game currency, which can be used to level up the pokémon. What's interesting is that Pokémon can be found only in the habitat that corresponds to its species - near water and in other specific places (the rarest will be available only in a few places on the planet).
Advantages of Pokemon Go
- an entirely new format of mobile game with additional reality and geolocation;
- many types of Pokemon (over 750 species), and each of them can evolve;
- implementation of a stadium system for player battles using captured and trained Pokémon;
- availability of a special Pokemon Go Plus wristband that allows you not to be distracted by the device's screen while playing or chatting;
- the possibility of exchanging Pokémon and catching them together.
- the sociality of the app - each player must interact with other players, go out, hike, and even travel in order to succeed;
- the large number of players around the world.
Despite the many advantages, the Pokemon Go game also has a number of disadvantages:
- The need to use the camera, which will cause the gadget to run out of power much faster;
- the presence of in-game purchases (purchased items do not give advantages, but only facilitate the development of Pokémon);