Yandex.Browser has become so popular that it has managed to "squeeze out" Internet Explorer on many computers of English-speaking users. Statistics says: Yandex Browser as the main software for working on the Internet today is chosen by more than 8% of Runet users. This number may seem low at first, but today only 3% of IE users as the default browser. If we consider the number of Yandex Browser users, we can see that by early 2012 the number had reached 25 million.
Features of Yandex.Browser
- Yandex browser runs on the Blink engine (based on Webkit) with the Chromium UI shell;
- The browser is compatible with all versions of Windows, macOS, iOS, Android and even Linux;
- Yandex.Browser is free;
- There are separate versions for computers, tablets and smartphones;
- The installed browser has a built-in PDF file reader;
- Users can actively use the Yandex cloud server and store their downloaded files on Yandex disk;
- Search phrase can be entered directly into the address bar (smart bar);
- Each user of the browser can synchronize data on their devices (computer, tablet, laptop, smartphone);
- Yandex Browser can turn on in "Turbo" mode. This option is convenient for watching videos online;
- Built-in Adobe Flash Player;
- Full integration with own mail and search services.
Of the popular positive reviews it is worth noting:
- Turbo mode. This mode was originally used and developed in the Opera browser to speed up work with HTTP when using slow connection channels, but with the first version of Yandex.Browser became available there as well.
- Smart String. This is the best helper for the user, because you can enter both search queries and site addresses into it, and it will give your own hints or hints from your history.
- Scoreboard. This is a table of mini-widgets or quick launch bar, as it is called by many. Its peculiarity is that for some sites it can show the number of unread emails and other important information, so with its use there is no need to visit the resource unnecessarily. In addition, sites can be sorted manually by dragging and dropping them on the board.
Download the latest version of the program at the appropriate link below on this page by choosing your operating system. After downloading the download file and starting the installation, the program will offer you to make Yandex the default browser. You can accept the offer or leave it as an additional Internet browser.
The web browser scans all downloaded files using Kaspersky Anti-Virus software. This checking can slow down the browser a little bit, but increases security when downloading information from unfamiliar sources.
Yandex Browser functionality
Yandex Browser is often compared to Chrome in terms of Internet surfing speed. Yandex's "Turbo" video viewing is noted as being of high quality. Google Chrome users often choose Yandex.Browser by default to watch YouTube videos. The online translator from Yandex sometimes makes more errors and inaccuracies than the popular translator of the flagship (Google Chrome).
Be sure to check your browser for updates available for your version. This will help you avoid the mass of annoying and often malicious ads and speed up your browser without installing heavy additional programs.