FreeFileSync is a powerful data synchronization and backup tool designed to make the process of synchronizing files and folders easier for Windows users. The program offers a number of useful features to help you keep your data up-to-date on various devices.
Availability for different operating systems
FreeFileSync is not only available for Windows, but also for other popular operating systems:
Features and functions of FreeFileSync
FreeFileSync offers the following features and functions:
- Two-way synchronization
- Mirror Backup
- Update / extend
- User settings
- Moved file detection
- Optimization for big data
- Automatic synchronization according to schedule
Advantages and disadvantages
- Free: FreeFileSync is free to use, making it accessible to all users.
- Multiple platform support: the program is available on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Flexibility: with its customizable settings, FreeFileSync can be configured to perform many different synchronization tasks.
- Complexity: it may be difficult for new users to master all the features of FreeFileSync.
- Lack of cloud support: FreeFileSync does not support direct synchronization with cloud services such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
How FreeFileSync works
FreeFileSync works by comparing files and folders in two different locations. It detects which files have been changed, moved or deleted and then takes the appropriate action to synchronize those changes.
This ensures that your data will always be up-to-date and in sync between the devices or folders you choose.
Applications of FreeFileSync
FreeFileSync can be used in a variety of applications, including:
- Data backup: FreeFileSync can be used to back up your files and folders to prevent them from being lost.
- Data synchronization between devices: FreeFileSync can synchronize files and folders between multiple devices, including desktops, laptops, and external drives.
- Version control: with FreeFileSync you can keep track of changes in files and folders and revert back to previous versions if necessary.